Sicilian Style Pasta Al Forno
|Preparation time: 10 min||Cook time: 50 min||Total time: 60 min||Serves: 6|
- Sgambaro Tortiglioni pasta (500g)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (60ml)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 15 Polli Green Olives Bella di Cerignola, pitted and chopped
- 15 Polli Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 dried chilli peppers, crushed (optional)
- 400ml of tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon of Polli Oil, Garlic and chilli peppers
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- Fresh mozzarella cheese 400g
- Freshly grated Parmigiano cheese for sprinkling
- Fresh herbs (mint or basil or parsley, or a mix, according to your taste)
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion for 2 minutes. Add the eggplant, olives and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for approximately 8 minutes on high heat. Add the tomato purée and cook for 10 minutes on a medium-low heat. Add a pinch of salt, black pepper and chopped herbs.
Bring 3L water to a boil in a large pot and add salt (10g per litre). Add Tortiglioni Sgambaro and boil for 7 minutes (the pasta will complete cooking once baked in the oven).
Drain Tortiglioni, add to the sauce and mix thoroughly. Add a spoon of Polli oil garlic and chilli peppers. Chop mozzarella and keep aside. Place half the Tortiglioni on a baking sheet, add half the mozzarella and sprinkle with Parmigiano cheese, add some fresh herbs.
Add the remaining Tortiglioni, follow with a final layer of mozzarella, Parmigiano, bread crumbs. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.