Cold Pasta Primavera with veggies & red pesto
|Preparation time: 10 min||Cook time: 10 min||Total time: 20 min||Serves: 6|
- 200g fresh or frozen peas
- 500g asparagus, ends snapped
- Olive oil
- 100g thinly sliced spring onion white part only (or use shallot)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 500g Alce Nero penne
- 100g feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- ½ jar Polli artichokes with fine herbs
- ½ jar Polli sun-dried tomatoes
- 20 Polli green pitted olives
- ½ jar Polli peppers
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil over medium-high heat (3L water/10g salt per litre).
While bringing the water to the boil, slice asparagus stems into half centimeter pieces; leave asparagus tips whole. Cut the sun-dried tomatoes in half.
Heat up the olive oil in a large pan. Add peas, asparagus and spring onion. Cook until vegetables are tender (but not too soft or mushy) for around 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Drop pasta into boiling water and cook until al dente (see cooking instructions on the pack).
Drain well and transfer pasta into a large bowl. Immediately toss pasta with the cooked vegetables, add Polli artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, green pitted olives and peppers as well as the feta cheese and herbs.
Add 2 spoons of red pesto alla siciliana, stir and let the pasta cool down.
Serve cold or at room temperature, with a final drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of herbs.